Measurement: Length - 5.5mtr, Width - 45.5in, Blouse Material : Length - 30in, Width - 45.5in
Blouse: Unstitched Blouse
Material: Handloom Ilkal
Care:Dry Clean Only
Work: Hand Embroidery
Shipping : 5 to 7 working days
Disclaimer: Product color and design may slightly vary due to photographic lighting sources or your monitor settings.The blouse which model is wearing is not part of the saree.
Ilkal saree takes its name from the town of Ilkal in the Bagalkot district of Karnataka state, India. Ilkal sarees are woven using cotton warp on the body and art silk warp for border and art silk warp for pallu portion of the saree. In some cases instead of art silk, pure silk is also used.
· The uniqueness of saree is joining of the body warp with pallu warp with a series of loops locally called as TOPE TENI technique.
· The weaver will gait only 6 yards, 8 yards, 9 yards warp due to above TOPE TENI technique. KONDI Technique is used for weft through inserting 3 shuttles
· Pallau portion-Design: “TOPE TENI SERAGU” Normally in tope teni seragu 3 solid portions would be in red colour, and in between 2 portions in white colour.
· Tope Teni seragu has been regarded as a state symbol and was greatly respected during festival occasions.
· Traditional Borders: (i) Chikki, (ii) Gomi, (iii) Jari and (iv) Gadidadi, and modern Gayathri are unique ones in Ilkal sarees - width ranging from 2.5” to 4”
· Border Colour Uniqueness: Red usually or Maroon dominates.